Followers

Friday 29 November 2013

Have you ever cleaned 8000 VIRUSES!!

The best thing that has happened in this world is invention of Computer (Thanks! Charles Babbage) and subsequently with the mammoth growth in technology sector, we have laptops and now stylish tablets. With the help of world wide web and cloud computing, Internet has become man's best friend.Sitting at home, one can schedule a meeting, talk with relatives who stays on other side of the globe, create relationships (thanks to facebook) and many more. A building cannot stand without its base. To enjoy the benefits of cloud computing, good internet connectivity and most important, a PC or a tablet is required.

If I talk about my experience, I have Lenovo G560 laptop with intel i5 core processor (which is pretty stylish), supported with windows 7 operating system and Microsoft Security essentials as anti-virus software. Product has built in features such as anti-virus automatically gets updated with latest applications and disallows pop-up applications and potential threats gets automatically removed. Even though, laptop has the best anti-virus software, still I am very "protective" about my laptop, scans every weekend, always check latest updates on anti-virus, keeps my laptop in zip bag when not in use, never allow my cousins to insert any game cds in it for fear of virus entering the system.

Even though with all the care and precautions maintained severe Trojan horses and Dropper entered my system. And not one or two, but around 3000! Now the laptop has become slow and steady, battery life has reduced, system automatically gets off and shut down has to be "forced". Keeping in view the above facts, I downloaded some other anti-virus software with the hope that it might help to block unwanted content from internet. Both the anti-viruses were working day and night to clean PC but the "Horses" were not leaving the "ground". Adding to my worries, the new anti-virus which I downloaded contained 5000 more horses ( Trojan Drooper). So, the total goes to 8000 viruses! which was "Life-threatening" for my PC and the only life-coach is Microsoft security essentials which is working day and night to safeguard my PC. Horses are still "racing" with anti-virus and the "war" has not yet ended. It takes around 4-5 hours to remove few horses from the system and there are still many more. While writing the blog, I am still cleaning the viruses.

Hardwork leads to success. Hope my anti-virus throws all horses from the battle-ground and wins this battle. If I talk about experience with my laptop, it has been pretty good since I bought it. The only problem which I am facing is its battery which is quite vulnerable to external threats (here I mean virus). As of now, I never had any misadventure with my PC except that of this virus "scandal". Now, to talk of new Lenovo Yoga tablet, I can suggest it to have
  •  longer battery life
  • Apple touch
  • amazing apps
Thanks Lenovo for the amazing products and hope to get new Yoga now! facebook.com/lenovo                                                         
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment